Find me here!
Friday, September 7, 2012
I have given a lot of thought on my blog and have decided to change the name of my blog. I do not know exactly how Google reader works so it may automatically change but if not feel free to email me at email@example.com to get to my new blog! I would give you the link but I have not made it yet. Hope all of you join me on my new blog!
Posted by Kristin at 3:11 PM
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
I have been in a cooking rut lately. I seem to make the same 5 meals over and over again. One day I was on Pintrest and found a recipe for Spicy Chicken Rigatoni and decided to try it. It was seriously one of the best meals I have had in a while (including restaurants!). Here is the recipe. It is definitely not a healthy meal but I did change some things around to make it a little more figure friendly.
Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
Picture and Recipe from Tastebook
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 Tbs crushed red pepper ( I halved this)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic
- 6 oz chicken, sliced
- 3/4 cup. Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce ( I used Light Alfredo)
- 2 tsp butter ( I only used one)
- 1/4 cup peas ( I added a lot more peas)
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
- additional 1/2 t crushed red pepper (for garnish) ( I omitted this I am not a fan of very spicy foods but J added some more and loved it)
- 1. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and garlic and sauté just long enough for garlic to caramelize and red pepper to release flavor into the oil. Add sliced chicken and sauté briefly to coat in spices and garlic.
- 2. Add Marinara Sauce first and then Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens slightly and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°. Turn off flame, add butter and peas and incorporate into sauce.
- 3. Toss pasta with the sauce. Place pasta and sauce in pasta bowl, reserving the majority of the chicken to be placed on top of the pasta. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from the pan to the pasta. Garnish with crushed red pepper and serve.
P.S. Follow me on Pintrest http://pinterest.com/kataylorr/
Sunday, September 2, 2012
Happy Sunday ya'll! First let me say that I am so happy my Mountaineers won their last game (for a while) against Marshall.It was so strange not to be at the game and seeing everyone's updates about going to the game but I am so excited to go to the game against JMU at Fed Ex Field!
In honor of football starting I made a WVU wreath to hang on our front door. I love it.
Now for Sunday Social with Ashley and Neely
2. What was your favorite outfit look of the summer/clothing item? I wore sundresses almost every day since it's easy and cute.
3. What is one thing you wish you had gotten to do this summer? I wish I could have gone home and gone to the beach this summer. Although I did go home in May, I spent most of my time setting up for my party and such so I didn't get to go out with my friends or go to the beach.
4. What was your favorite song of the summer? Pontoon by Little Big Town. It just screams Summer.
5. What was your favorite movie/tv show of the summer? Big Brother! I have no idea why (since I am a reality show junky) but I never saw the show before this summer. I hope Danielle wins!
So how was everyone's weekend? Did your team win?
Sunday, August 26, 2012
2. Give us some funny websites that you visit that we need to know about.
I love looking at http://howdoiputthisgently.tumblr.com/
3. Pinterest or Facebook? Why? Facebook. I love keeping in touch with my friends from college and home. As much as I love Pintrest I love my friends more.
4. Twitter or Instagram? Why? Twitter. Twitter can keep me entertained for a lot longer. Instagram only keeps me occupied for about 2 minutes.
5. Favorite YouTube video. Post it! I honestly don't ever go on youtube. I don't know why I just can't spend all day on it but this video makes me laugh every time I watch it
6. Biggest online pet peeve? When people write like.... @ the beach.u wish u were as kool as me. Ugh we aren't in middle school anymore. Write like an adult. Also when people are bipolar on facebook. One minute you're saying how much you hate everyone and the next you are having the best day ever. You will be deleted.
What are your internet favorites?
Friday, August 24, 2012
Sunday, August 19, 2012
1. What were you like in Middle School/HS?
In middle school I played a ton of sports. I did gymnastics in the fall, volleyball in the winter and tennis in the spring. In high school I had my group of girlfriends but I socialized with everyone. I was on the volleyball and cheerleading team and was captain of both during senior year (I had to choose between my sports because in high school they were all in fall). I was definitely not in the popular group but I loved high school and wouldn't change anything about that time. Oh and I had really bad hair until sophomore year. Yuck.
2. What were your favorite past times? Volleyball, cheerleading, hanging out with friends and boyfriend, and of course shopping.
3. What songs were you obsessed with?(Backstreet Boys anyone?) Of course in Middle School (or younger I have no idea) I loved the Spice Girls and N*Sync. In high school I liked Eminiem and Britney Spears.
4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe? One time in middle school I wore these bright red pants. Horrible. I definitely looked like a stop sign.
5. Who was your celeb crush? Paul Walker and Jessie McCartney.
6. What were your favorite tv shows/movies? One Tree Hill, Grey's and Laguna Beach. For movies I loved Billy Madision, Happy Gilmore, Elf, and Jerry Maguire. I also watched a ton of Julia Roberts movies. Can I just say how happy I was when I found out Laguna Beach was on MTV again? I love it!
Posted by Kristin at 12:37 PM